Mazama Campground

Mazama Campground

Operating Dates

  • June 12 - September 28, 2020 (conditions permitting) 

Mazama Campground is tucked away in the forest, seven miles south of Rim Village, just past the park's south entrance station near Highway 62. It’s the perfect spot to pitch your tent or park your camper as your base for exploring the park. Each of the 214 sites features a picnic table, a fire ring with a grill, and a bear-resistant food locker.

Campground Map


Tent Sites $21.00
RV - No Hookups $32.00
RV - Electricity $37.00
RV - Full Hookups $43.00
Walk-in Campsite $5.00

Staying at the Campground

June Sites are available on a first-come, first served basis. 
July, August, & September Reserve a site online or call 866.292.6720. The campground accepts reservations for 75% of the sites. The other 25% are first-come, first-served. In July and August, the campground often fills completely by mid-afternoon. 


At the campground, you’ll find restrooms, potable water, showers, laundry facilities, a gas station, a pay phone, food storage lockers, and a dump station. Some sites have electricity. Pets are permitted, with restrictions. At the Mazama Camper Store you can purchase camp supplies, groceries, propane, firewood, and gasoline. The campground offers four accessible sites.

At the Annie Creek Restaurant and Gift Shop, located in the village, you’ll find family-friendly American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a variety of local beers and wines. The gift shop offers a wide selection of park souvenirs. The nearby Mazama Village Store carries groceries, camping supplies, firewood, and gasoline.

Additional Campsites

Lost Creek Campground

Lost Creek Campground, operated by the National Park Service, is a small, tents-only campground located on the road to Pinnacles Overlook, just three miles from Crater Lake’s rim. Its 16 sites give you an ideal place to relax and spend the night as you hike, swim, or fish Crater Lake National Park. Each campsite features a picnic table, a fire ring with a grill, and a bear-resistant food locker. You will need to bring your own water. Generators are not allowed. Pets are permitted, with restrictions. For more information regarding campground and permits please visit the National Park Service

Camp in the Backcountry

Crater Lake National Park’s rugged volcanic landscape brings you amazing possibilities for backcountry wilderness explorations. In the summer, with a permit, you can camp at the park’s five designated backcountry campsites—Bybee Creek, Dutton Creek, Grouse Hill, Lightning Springs, and Red Cone Springs. Dispersed camping is also allowed with a permit.  

In winter, you can camp along the rim with a permit. You can explore open slopes, dense forests, and breathtaking views while skiing or snowshoeing on the park’s trails and unplowed roads.

Thirty-three miles of the Pacific Crest Trail pass through the park, offering views of the mountains and via an alternate trail, spectacular vistas of the lake.

For more information regarding campgrounds and permits please visit the National Park Service.